For those who don’t know, I recently got the merit award at the Pakistan Blog Awards 2011 under the Best Youth Blog Category :) I wasn’t really expecting it. My flight to Karachi got delayed and hence I wasnt able to attend the event itself, but as soon as the results were announced I read them over internet.
Truly an honor for me to get the award and I wholeheartedly thank all of my readers for this. All of those awesome people who voted for me, you guys rock!
I would like to thank the person who nominated me: Vision Keeper. I’m honoured to be thought as a nominee for this award. In life, everything comes with rules and regulations, and the Versatile Blogger Award is no different. Everyone being nominated is presented with the award and hence they have to fulfil their duties respectively. The rules are as follows:
1. Thank the award-giver and link back to them in your post.
2. Share 7 personal things about yourself.
3. Pass this award along to 5-15 recently discovered blogs you enjoy reading.
4. Contact your chosen bloggers to let them know about the award.
At first I thought that it was one of those self-perpetuating scams like those chain letters that people used to get in the mail, where they were instructed to photocopy and resend the letter to 100 of their closest friends or a piano would fall on them (yes, spam existed before the internet era), or in this age they suggest that if you don’t post it on 10 other sites/posts you’ll die by mid-night or wouldn’t meet the love of your life!
Later I realized that “The Versatile Blogger Awards” are actually a useful tool for helping bloggers share their favourite bits of the blogosphere.
Moving on to the next rule, according to which I have to share 7 personal things about myself. Here goes:
- My guilty pleasure: Chocolates.
- I have a very bad sweet tooth. I can’t resist eating sugary stuff. Desserts are the highlight of my appetite :P
- Whenever I feel the need to relax I re-read the Harry Potter books :P
- Unlike many girls nowadays, I hate Twilight saga. Neither the story nor the characters seem to thrill me!
- I’m more of an introvert person. I can go on for hours on some social issue but when it comes to me and my feelings I rarely speak out.
- For me the most important thing, after my dear life, is my laptop. I can’t live a day without it!
- I love to travel
Now, for nominating some awesome blogs which I recently reviewed:
- My Favorite: The Pindi Boy
- 1000 Awesome things
- Mostly Bright Ideas
- I Wrote This For You
- The Solari Press
- Live, Nerd, Repeat.
Do check them out !